Here are some projects to try:
- To soften your skin, add 1/2 cup of baking soda to your bath water.
- Relieve diaper rash by putting 2 tbsp. of baking soda in your baby's bath water
- Mix water with baking soda to create a paste to apply to insect bites, poison ivy, and rashes
- For general relief from skin irritations from measles and chicken pox add soda to your bath.
- Use 1/2 glass of water with 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda to help relieve heartburn and indigestion.
- Stained clothing (oil and grease) - adding baking soda to the wash will help get the stains out better.
- Sprinkle soda on a damp cloth to clean your fridge and freezer. Removes odors.
- Open a fresh box of baking soda as a deodorizer in your fridge and freezer, this absorbs odors longer than just cleaning. From time to time shake up the box and replace every 2 months.
- Baking soda absorbs odors from kitty litter. To the bottom of the litter box add 1-part baking soda and then add a layer of kitty litter on top.
- For fresher laundry add 1/2 cup baking soda to in each load.
- When cleaning your combs and brushes use baking soda and warm water.
- Use soda and water when washing food and beverage containers.
- Make your own baking powder - sift and stir together 1-part cornstarch, 1-part baking soda to 2 parts of Cream of Tartar.
- Always keep a box of baking soda for electrical fires and in the kitchen in case of a grease fire. Add the powder by the handful over the fire to safely put it out.
- Keep baking soda in the garage and car again for electrical fires. This won't damage cart or anything it touches.
- Natural vegetables and fruit cleaner. Add to water, soak and rise your produce.
- Remove odors and clean trash cans with baking soda.
- Soak and wash cloth diapers with soda.
- 3 tablespoons, 1 quart of warm water to clean marble-topped furniture. Allow solution to stand 3-5 minutes (depending on condition) and then rinse.
- Use a clean damp cloth and baking soda to clean Formica counter tops.
- Baking soda can be used to put out fires – wood, rugs, drapes, clothing, and upholstery.
- To remove stale smells from cooling containers and thermoses wash in baking soda and water.
- Create a baking soda and water paste to for stubborn stain removal from plastic, marble, and Formica.
- Get glass and stainless steel coffee pots (does not work on aluminum) with warm water and soda.
- Put 1/2 tablespoon and water in your coffee maker and run it through the making cycle with a soda.
#organic, #bakingsoda, #cleaning, #household, #green, #eco-friendly, #moneysaving, #bicarbonate
Do you have green or Eco-friendly tips and tricks? We know you do, send them to us for an opportunity to be a Guest Blogger. What better way to build your community by sharing your knowledge?
1st Green Clean - A Leader in Home Management Services
1st Green Clean prides itself as a premier leader in residential home management services. 1st Green Clean is a luxury service provider we accept a limited number of appointments, we have an exclusive and limited clientele. When you invest in a home, you want a service provider that invests time in managing your home service needs, comprehensive consultation, and the security of reliable service.
How may we service you?: http://www.1greenclean.com/our-services.html
Tweet with us on Twitter
Fan us on Facebook
Pin with us on Pinterest
Have you been looking for simple everyday tips and tricks to green cleaning? You're a Bad Wife Because You Can't Clean the House?: A Step-by-Step Guide to Making Your Home Mother-in-Law Approved was written just for you. Get your copy today! It’s affordable because everyone should be able to benefit from a healthier lifestyle.