According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency‘s (EPA) website, molds are a part of our natural environment – but that doesn't mean we want them to run amuck in our homes. The types of mold that cause damage in homes can also cause infection, allergies, skin irritation, headaches and asthma.
What Is Mold?
Mold is a word that people throw around often times without really understanding what it is. It sounds downright disgusting, and to be sure it isn't pleasant, but it is a rather simple thing.
Outside, mold is a part of nature’s order, consuming dead plant matter, but inside mold is not so useful and should not be allowed to grow.
- Mold only needs one thing to grow and prosper: moisture.
- Chemicals that remove mold include: bleach, borax, vinegar, ammonia, hydrogen peroxide and baking soda.
- Before you begin mold clean-up, make sure you are wearing the proper gear.
- You will want to wear long gloves that extend up the arm, and make sure the material they are made out of can withstand the cleaning products you use.
- You should also wear goggles without ventilation holes so you don’t get it in your eyes.
- Since you don’t want to breathe in mold, the EPA suggests an N-95 respirator. You can check with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) for their guidelines.
- If you have mold in rugs, the ceiling or tiles (anything absorbent or porous,) you might have to throw it way. Since mold grows and can get into crevices it might be impossible to remove it completely from the material.
- Don’t paint or caulk moldy surfaces. Clean up the mold and dry the area first before you do work.
- If you are unsure of how to clean an item, get professional help.
- If you have a leaking faucet, pipe or roof that is supplying the water that grew the mold, get it fixed immediately.
*** Do you have tips? Post them or contact us to be a guest blogger. ***
LUXURY HIGH-END HOME MANAGEMENT SERVICES FIRM:
1st Green Clean - A Leader in Home Management Services is here to services your home management needs. 1st Green Clean prides itself as a premier leader in residential home management services for both large and small homes. Because 1st Green Clean is a luxury service provider we accept 120 appointments each year.
With 1st Green Clean we have an exclusive and limited clientele. When you invest in a home, you want a service provider that invests time in managing your home service needs, on-site team supervisor, complementary consultation, and the security of reliable service.
Visit our website to see all the luxury services we offer and to schedule your complementary home evaluation.
P.S. Hurry! Our services are exclusive and strictly limited. Don’t miss out! Call now!
Proudly serving the Washington, D.C. Metro Area since 2007.
Don't miss the timely information and tips we share in our blog and newsletter. Sign up today! http://www.1greenclean.com/our-blog.html
How may we service you today?: http://my.officef5.com/s/4592